How can I evaluate my sales goals, accomplishments and setbacks from this year to help me build my strategic plan for next year?
While your sales goals, accomplishments and setbacks should never be the only things you review, they are great to pay attention to while developing your strategic plan! This review and the development of a strategic plan is a collaborative exercise with your Leader and your team.
As a Bank Leader for 25 years I always collaborated with my business development team each year to review the year that was and strategically plan the year that will be. We called it a G.R.E.A.T. strategy review:
- GATHER your team for a collaborative review and planning workshop (dedicate 2 – 3 hours and take it offsite)
- REVIEW your local market strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT)
- EXPLORE Why your motivated to succeed, What your value proposition and target market and How you will engage your targets (WHAT, HOW & WHY)
- AGREE on a Strategic Plan that includes key business development activities that will help each team member succeed and what coaching / support they need
- TAKE ACTION by formally executing your Plan and reviewing it with your Leader each month.
Remember the aim of this session is for it to be a coaching opportunity that helps everyone succeed and does not make people feel uncomfortable. Have this discussion with your Leader, and if you still feel uncomfortable about having a GREAT collaborative discussion with your team then I encourage you to at least complete the discussion with your Leader.
For free guidance on how to complete a GREAT strategy review please contact me on 773 329 0066 or email email@example.com